Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The 7/7/7 Challenge

Recently I was tagged on Facebook by a fellow cruiser from the UK, Terry McIntyre, who is a huge music fan and also very impressive on guitar and vocals.  In fact, we've had several jam sessions on his boat that have gone late into the night.  This tag was for the 7/7/7 Music Challenge.  I saw his early posts for the challenge when he was nominated, and quickly figured it out - pick seven songs over seven days and nominate a fellow music lover each time.  His chosen songs were meaningful in different ways, which he explained with a brief back story.  Simple enough, and a good way to spread the word on new and old music alike.  I was nominated on Terry's seventh pick and gladly accepted the challenge.  Before my first posting though, I researched the 7/7/7 Challenge and learned that it originated with writers, and goes something like this:  Go to page 7 of your current work in progress, go to the seventh line, and share the next seven lines of your manuscript, then nominate another fellow writer for the challenge.  The music challenge seems to have morphed into something a bit different.  I've yet to find the "official" rules, but who cares - it's fun and a great way to spread the word on music others might enjoy.  My picks were based on music that made me stop and take note, which lead me down other musical paths I might not otherwise have taken.  I hope these picks inspire you to explore other music artists, as well.  It would be fun to do the challenge again, since I've only just scratched the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment